10 g instant yeast
200 ml lukewarm milk
50 g castor sugar
1 kg cake flour Salt
Grated rind of 1 orange
Grated rind of 1 lemon
250 ml lukewarm water
50 g sesame seeds
6 eggs (hard-boiled) Red food coloring
1 egg yolk for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 190 °
- Brush the hard-boiled eggs with the food colouring and leave to dry.
- Add the lukewarm milk to the yeast and castor sugar and leave to stand in a warm place for 15 minutes , until
- Sift the flour and salt together into a Form a well in the flour and add the yeast mixture and rind. Add the water gradually while mixing to form the dough. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape two-thirds of the dough into a round, smooth loaf approximately 5 cm in height, and place on an oiled baking tray.
- From the rest of the dough, form two thin, long rolls, long enough to go around the base of the Roll each in the sesame seeds to coat them as evenly as possible. Twist them together in a rope and press into place around the prepared loaf. Press the colored eggs into the loaf and brush the whole loaf with the beaten egg yolk. Sprinkle on the remaining sesame seeds, cover and let it stand for an hour to prove.
- Bake for 40 – 45min