- 1 crayfish tail per person
- 1-2 strips of bacon per tail
- 1 slice of cheese per tail
- Garlic butter
- Toothpicks For the batter:
- Self-raising flour
- Beaten egg
- Salt, pepper and spices to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Steam the tails until cooked. Remove the tail meat and de-vein.
- Spread garlic butter where the vein has been removed and add in a slice of cheese.
- Wrap the tail in bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in fridge to cool down for about 1 hour.
- Mix the flour and egg, season and add enough milk to create a runny batter,
- Dip the tails into the batter and fry quickly in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.