250 ml water
250 g sugar
Juice and rind of 1 lime
Lime segments, pith and pips removed
300 ml cream
50 g licorice
2 ts glucose
60 g sugar
30 ml Pernod
- Bring the sugar and water to the Stirring to ensure the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice and rind.
- Stir well and refrigerate
- In a small pan, combine the cream and licorice and heat gently, without boiling, until the licorice is very soft.
- Pour through a fine sieve and set the liquid aside to
- In a stainless steel bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, make a sabayon by whisking together the eggs, egg yolk, glucose, sugar and Pernod until the mixture turns pale and
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking until it cools down a little.
- Fold half of the sabayon into the licorice
- Once combined , fold in the remaining Mix until well combined.
- Pour into individual moulds, or 1 log tin, and To serve:
- Lower the moulds into hot water for a few seconds before turning out the
- Pour over the lime syrup and garnish with lime segments.