3 medium butternuts, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
Olive oil for roasting
Salt and black pepper
250 g streaky bacon, chopped
60g slivered almonds, toasted
10 ml butter
10 ml olive oil
50 ml balsamic vinegar
50 ml brown sugar
15 ml balsamic vinegar
15 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 clove garlic, crushed
Small piece fresh ginger, finely grated
15 ml honey
40 ml olive oil
- Precook butternut in microwave for 4 minutes, drain and place on large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season and roast for approx. 30 minutes or until butternut is cooked through with crispy edges.
- Saute the bacon until crispy
- combine the onions, butter and olive oil in a pot and gently saute until onions are almost cooked. Add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and leave to simmer until the onions are golden and sticky,
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and blend to combine.
- Arrange the butternut, bacon and onion marmalade in alternate layers,
- Add some rocket(optional) and pour over the dressing. Top with toasted almonds, Best served warm, but also very good at room temperature.
- Serve Warm