Certainly my favorite fish curry in the world! I use my Indian butter chicken sauce for this recipe and find the yellowtail a perfect substitute for the chicken. It is firm, flavour some and local! I use ground almonds in the sauce to make it extra special (serves 6).
1,2 kg fillet of yellowtail cut into large cubes
50 ml melted butter
20 ml tandoori spice
Melt the butter and add the fish and the tandoori spice. Brown the fish pieces gently and remove from saucepan
60 g butter
1 large onion, chopped
5 ml garam masala
5 ml ground cumin
ml whole cumin
10 ml tandoori spice
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
3 garlic cloves, crushed
50 ml freshly grated ginger
50 g ground almonds
410 g tinned chopped tomatoes
10 ml brown sugar
1 or 2 green chillies, chopped
250 ml cream
- Melt butter and add the Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the garam masala, cumin, tandoori spice, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, garlic and ginger and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the ground almonds, tomatoes, chili and the sugar . Simmer for ± 20
- Remove larger spices and liquidize the sauce.
- Place back on heat and add the Season and add the browned fish pieces.
- Simmer at a gentle heat for 5
Serve with basmati rice, pompadums and fresh coriander